venerdì 27 novembre 2020

Updates 11/20


It's been quite a while since my last post, so - fortunately! - a lot of new stuff to talk about. 

I spent a better part of these last two years working on "Histoire de France en bande dessinée", a series of hardcover volumes published by Hachette in collaboration with Le Monde, for which I drew two full albums and a number of covers. I entered this project through Makma Studio and enjoyed a lot working with them, so big big cheers to Mathieu Auverdan, Edmond Turriol and the rest of the gang. 

My first album for this series was about the tragic figure of Louis XV, often overshadowed by both his predecessor (Roi Soleil, Louis XIV) and successor (Louis XVI, mostly famous for ending his days under the guillotine), but as it turns out "the fifteen" was quite a fascinating character himself, very dark and burdened king with some brilliant intuitions but also several absurd decisions bordering on political suicide. 

The second volume I illustrated deals with industrial revolutions in France, so a lot of crazy mechanisms and machines, Jules Verne and an overall steam-punkish atmosphere to it, I really liked working on that one and would love to go back to this Vernesque airs sometime soon. 

Also, I did the cover pencil for "Le Mystère des 3 Ave" (Signe) and, finally, 2021. should see the release of the first album from "Les Nuits de Luna", an erotic series I've been working on with the writer & colorist Valérie.